Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lovely Lace

I’m a big fan of lace. As far as I am concerned, there is no other material that exudes femininity like lace. The fact that it can read both lady-like and pin-up has me completely sold. And that is why I’m fairly stoked that this material was such a big hit on the S/S 2011 runway.  

Alberta Ferretti

Zac Posen

Some fantastic runway examples can be found at style.com, where the dresses from Alberta Ferretti, Oscar de la Renta and Zac Posen are among my favorites. At elle.com they list the top trends of the season, and obviously lace is one of them.  Of the ensembles shown on Elle’s website my top picks are from Erdem, Valentino and Dolce & Gabbana.

Valentino

Dolce & Gabbana

  Lace is EVERYWHERE. Seriously! Some of it good, some of it bad, but definitely something for everyone.  In fact, I recently bought a lace dress. Completely useless, given that I am a college student with literally nowhere to wear it, but I had to buy it. My beautiful lace LBD fits me like a glove and makes me feel like the classiest pin-up ever.
My favorite thing about doing this blog is that my ‘research’ consists of online shopping. Here is a list of just a few pieces from this trend that I adore:
American Apparel Lacey Shoelace             

 Oscar de la Renta Macramé Lace Pump        

American Apparel El Salvador Lace Tee      

Dolce & Gabbana 'Miss Rose' Lace & Leather Satchel    
    
Leyendecker Trip Lace Dress            

Shoshanna Strapless Lace Dress
This trend instantly reminded of another one of my personal heroes, Dita Von Teese. To be honest, I’m a bit obsessed with her. Though she is famous for taking her clothes off, Von Teese is no stranger to the fashion industry. This bombshell is a fashion show fixture and has strut her stuff on Jean-Paul Gaultier’s runway.  
Oh and I have an update for my McQueen and the Princess post. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Ana; Great lead for an interesting post. I like how you always integrate your own take on whatever you're writing about. Keep it up. Score = 10

    ReplyDelete