Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blinded by the White

Spring is a time of transition not only for nature, but also for my wardrobe. I wish I could say that my dedication to wearing primarily black disappears when the sun finally starts to shine, but that is not the case. Around this time of year I find myself clinging to my beloved black clothing, yet sweating like a whore in church as the sun beats down upon my cardigan-ed shoulders.

This season I plan on easing myself into spring and summer style with whites. I’ll be honest, white is not usually my cup of tea (especially now that I’m in the land of no sun), but I’m definitely warming up to the trend.  
Max Azria

Viktor & Rolf

At harpersbazaar.com they call white “the color of the season” and provide some pretty sweet examples of why. Band of Outsiders, Yigal Azrouël and of course Calvin Klein are my top picks.   
Band of Outsiders
Yigal Azrouël
Over at style.com they have compiled the most white-hot looks from the S/S 2011 runway shows. The majority of the garments shown are unconventional to say the least, and I must applaud Rick Owens, Helmut Lang and Gianfranco Ferré.    

Rick Owens

Gianfranco Ferré

Now for my favorite part, the shopping! Here are some wicked awesome ways to wear white: (yay alliteration!)
American Apparel Interlock Mini Skirt

Oh, and here's some Moby. I thought this song captured the futuristic mood of my favorite looks.

 Best white dresses EVER. If you haven't seen these movies, you should totally get on that. Thanks for reading!
 
Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

    

Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch
 

Alicia Silverstone in Clueless


1 comment:

  1. Your posts are great. Your writing is fun, informed and flamboyant. Believe it or not, I happened to watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof last week for the first time. Strange film, but La Liz was amazing. Score = 10

    ReplyDelete