Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sophisticated Bitch

For those of you who don’t know me, I don’t exactly exude sophistication. I feel little shame for burping, stare at people too long and have zero desire to ever read Emily Post’s finest literature (sorry Mom…). Regardless, I adore the classy, ladylike looks shown for spring and summer. What I love the most about this season’s rehash of the classic style is that something is always a little off. The skirts are shorter, the accessories are edgier or the styling is slightly disheveled; all of which instantly draw me into this trend. 
Loewe S/S 2011
Nina Ricci S/S 2011
On whowhatwear.com they call this trend ‘downtown lady’ and I think it is the perfect description. This trend combines typically downtown styling with uptown pieces, keeping the looks exciting and new. Over at shopbop.com the trend loses a bit of its edge, but maintains a modern feel. I have included some pictures of my favorite looks for this trend from the spring/summer 2011 runway collections.
Proenza Schouler S/S 2011
Nina Ricci S/S 2011

  


















This trend is not as big as last week’s, and therefore I chose to only find a few key pieces that I think sum up the trend, and should help you get a feel for it. For instance, shopbop.com has a pair of sweet studded heels called Boutique 9 Daraye Studded Open Toe Pumps that make me smile. Also at shopbop.com I found Bird by Juicy Couture Metallic Tweed Gemma Jacket and the totally cool A.L.C. Leather Pleated Skirt. At nordstrom.com I found this darling Cassandra LA 'Laila' Studded Frame Satchel and this pair of pearl Givenchy 'Vanguard' Linear Earrings to finish the look.


This song has a sort of sleaziness to it, yet it reminds me of the kind of girl I want to be when I try this trend.
 


Whitney Port

These ladies totally inspired me for this trend. Thanks for reading!
Tippi Hedren

Alexa Chung



No comments:

Post a Comment